Cruising Catamaran (ASA 114)
Students learn close quarters maneuvering, anchoring and docking techniques that are specific to multi-hull sailing vessels.
$975 – Non-Members
Prerequisite: ASA 101, 103, 104
- Gain ASA Certification for chartering a catamaran
- Leaves from Marina del Rey
- Approximately 8 hours
- Boat handling under sail, and how it differs from mono-hulls.
- Learn docking and maneuvering with twin engines.
- A heavy weather discussion on the differences of multihull heavy weather sailing.
- Identify and describe hardware/terms typical to a cruising catamaran.
- Advantages and disadvantages to operating a multihull sailboat.
- Differences in ships systems between multihulls and mono-hulls, including common mechanical
- ASA Text Book, Cruising Catamarans Made Easy sold separately
Includes 1 complimentary confidence sail with an ASA instructor post successful completion of your ASA 114 course. Confidence sails – Head out on the water and practice your skills with an ASA instructor on board. Must schedule your charter within the next 60 days in order to redeem a complimentary extended checkout. Additional confidence sails can be purchased.
1 Day Course
You will be directed to appropriate parking upon check-in.
Bedding & Linens:
These are not included in your ASA 104 class; however, they are available from Blue Pacific Yachting. Linen packages cost $75 per person and include a blanket, sheets, pillow, pillow case and towel.
Deck shoes with white soles and a warm jacket are essential year round. Casual comfortable sports clothing is recommended – layers are the way to go. Please pack all personal gear in a soft case or duffle bag, and remember that boats have very limited storage space.
No hard suitcases are permitted on the boats.
These items are highly recommended. They are not required for the classes, but will make your sailing experience more comfortable and/or interesting: flashlight(s), sailing gloves, sailing knife, portable GPS, inflatable vest such as SOSPENDERS (available from West Marine), hat, sunglasses and sun block, portable VHF, and cell phone.
Please understand that we will be expecting you on class day, and will have reserved a boat and an instructor for you.
- If you cancel 14 days prior to your class, you will receive credit for future instruction.
- Any credit granted must be used within six (6) months of the originally scheduled class.
- The first timely request to reschedule is free; all others will be billed at $50.00 each.
- Any cancellation requests with less than fourteen (14) days’ notice will forfeit their deposit.
- If weather does not permit the class to take place, it will be rescheduled.
- Absolutely no refunds, no exceptions.
- No smoking
- No pets are allowed on boats at any time.
- No Firearms or Drugs:
- The US Coast Guard and Blue Pacific Yachting have adopted a zero tolerance policy with regard to firearms or any illegal substance. Failure to comply could result in severe legal action.
$975 – Non-Members
We look forward to helping you achieve your goals. If you're just starting out or hoping to increase your experience level and skillset, we'll get you there. Blue Pacific Yachting Saiing School has served the Marina del Rey community for more than 30 years. Sailing, powerboating, trips to Catalina Island and the Channel Islands, yacht racing classes, spinnaker clinics, catamaran courses, docking clinics, instructor certification courses — we cover it all. We are proud to be LA's premier boating destination.