Docking Certification (ASA 118)
It will also strongly enhance your resume should you wish to charter a boat.
$499 – Non-Members
You will receive plenty of hands-on experience pulling into a slip, landing on a long dock and approaching a mooring from different directions and conditions.
PRE-REQUISITE: ASA 101 or equivalent
*Includes $50 credit towards future bareboat charter. Must be redeemed within 60 days of completion of ASA 118 course.
Certification will be earned by the student demonstrating knowledge and skill in the following:
- Ability to name the forces that act on a boat during docking maneuvers.
- Communication with crew members.
- Proper use of docking lines.
- Docking and undocking in a variety of slips.
- Ability to learn and assess conditions and potential hazards.
Includes $50 credit towards future bareboat charter. Must be redeemed within 60 days of completion of ASA 118 course.
1 Day Course
You will be directed to appropriate parking upon check-in.
Bedding & Linens:
These are not included in your ASA 104 class; however, they are available from Blue Pacific Yachting. Linen packages cost $75 per person and include a blanket, sheets, pillow, pillow case and towel.
Deck shoes with white soles and a warm jacket are essential year round. Casual comfortable sports clothing is recommended – layers are the way to go. Please pack all personal gear in a soft case or duffle bag, and remember that boats have very limited storage space.
No hard suitcases are permitted on the boats.
Please understand that we will be expecting you on class day, and will have reserved a boat and an instructor for you.
- If you cancel 14 days prior to your class, you will receive credit for future instruction.
- Any credit granted must be used within six (6) months of the originally scheduled class.
- The first timely request to reschedule is free; all others will be billed at $50.00 each.
- Any cancellation requests with less than fourteen (14) days’ notice will forfeit their deposit.
- If weather does not permit the class to take place, it will be rescheduled.
- Absolutely no refunds, no exceptions.
- No smoking
- No pets are allowed on boats at any time.
- No Firearms or Drugs:
- The US Coast Guard and Blue Pacific Yachting have adopted a zero tolerance policy with regard to firearms or any illegal substance. Failure to comply could result in severe legal action.
$499 – Non-Members
We look forward to helping you achieve your goals. If you're just starting out or hoping to increase your experience level and skillset, we'll get you there. Blue Pacific Yachting Saiing School has served the Marina del Rey community for more than 30 years. Sailing, powerboating, trips to Catalina Island and the Channel Islands, yacht racing classes, spinnaker clinics, catamaran courses, docking clinics, instructor certification courses — we cover it all. We are proud to be LA's premier boating destination.