Catamaran Sailing (ASA 114)
Gain ASA Certification for chartering a catamaran
Leaves from Marina del Rey
Approximately 8 hours
This 1-day course equips students with the know-how and practical experience unique to sailing catamarans. Students learn close quarters maneuvering, anchoring and docking techniques that are specific to multi-hull sailing vessels.
- $775 Member/ $975 Non-Member *1 Confidence Sail Included
- Prerequisites ASA 101, 103, 104
- Boat handling under sail, and how it differs from mono-hulls.
- Learn docking and maneuvering with twin engines.
- A heavy weather discussion on the differences of multihull heavy weather sailing.
- Identify and describe hardware/terms typical to a cruising catamaran.
- Advantages and disadvantages to operating a multihull sailboat.
- Differences in ships systems between multihulls and mono-hulls, including common mechanical maintenance.
- ASA Text Book, Cruising Catamarans Made Easy sold separately.
MINIMUM OF 4 STUDENTS IN EACH CLASS OR SUBJECT TO INCREASED FEES OR CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT.
Includes 1 complimentary confidence sail with an ASA instructor post successful completion of your ASA 114 course. Confidence sails – Head out on the water and practice your skills with an ASA instructor on board. Must schedule your charter within the next 60 days in order to redeem a complimentary extended checkout. Additional confidence sails can be purchased.